Monday, May 23, 2011

Welcome Back Chase

Chase Utley has officially been activated from the disabled list and will be in the Phillies lineup on tonight against the Cincinnati Reds. Pete Orr will be sent to the minors to make room for the All-Star second basemen. Utley will be monitored and will reportedly be slowly integrated into the Phils everyday lineup.

“We might do one on, one off for a while, or two on, one off, I think that Utley and I will communicate, I think he will let me know," Charlie Manuel said on Utley's return.

Along with Utley's activation the Phillies have also recalled Vance Worley from the minors who could pitch on Tuesday night for the injured Joe Blanton. Blanton was placed on the DL today and after Kendrick's awful start on Thursday night I think Worley is the next best option.

Finally there is some positive news surrounding the injured Phillies and I'm extremely excited to see how Chase and Worley do this week against the Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment