Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eagles Cowboys Final Prediction

Ready or not, today is an all out football day.  In all, 13 games will be played today but Philadelphians are only concerned with the outcome of two particular games: the Giants Jets game, and of course the Eagles Cowboys game.  Here are my predictions for today's games.

Giants vs Jets 1:00 PM 
Honestly this game is a complete toss up.  For the Giants, you are either going to get MVP Eli Manning, or I can't even get a first down Eli Manning.  For the Jets, you are either going to get a ferocious stingy defense, or an entire team that looks like they don't want to be there.  But I feel that both teams are going to show up today and that it will be an extremely close game.  Extremely close as in it will be tied 17-17 with about 4 minutes to go and Eli will be given another chance to play the hero.  But this time I think he comes up short and the Jets force a huge turnover and turn the reigns over to Mark Sanchez who is pretty good with the game on the line.  In the end I think the Jets win a close one 20-17.

Of course that prediction is completely biased considering I'm an Eagles fan, but I really see both teams showing up to play.  Both teams can't afford to lose, and I think we are in store for a very entertaining football game.

Eagles vs Cowboys 4:15 PM
Are the Eagles going to come out and completely run over the Cowboys like last time?  As great as that would be, I don't foresee that happening.  You have to remember that when the Eagles completely trounced the Cowboys earlier this year the Eagles were coming off a bye and nobody was taking the "dream team" seriously.  Now the Cowboys know what the Eagles are capable of and I think they will come into this game better prepared.  Having said that, I still think the Eagles win this game regardless of the out come of the Giants game.  I think the Birds will jump out to an early lead and the Eagles will be able to utilize their pass rush to stifle the Cowboys passing attack once again.  In the end I think the Eagles win 27-17, with the Cowboys making a late surge.

No matter what happens today, it's important to enjoy it.  This could be the last weekend of competitive football for a very long time and it's important to have fun with it.  Win or lose, you have to love the manner in which the Eagles are concluding their season.  Every one counted them out, but the Eagles simply aren't going down without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment