Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Victorino Appeals Suspension

Please note this is not an actual letter from Shane Victorino. It is merely an expression of what I feel Shaner can and should say to MLB regarding his unfair 3 game suspension issued to him yesterday. Victorino is appealing the suspension.


Dear MLB,


I'm very dissapointed and angry at the punishment issued to me on behalf of my actions on Friday night at AT&T Park. I feel that the 3 game suspension issued to me is unfair for many reasons.


First off, the pitch that that hit me was clearly intentionally thrown by Ramon Ramirez. Ramirez was frustrated that his team stinks and that he was getting rocked and so he made a stupid decision to take his anger out on me. Don't punish me for the fight started by Ramirez.


And did you even watch the replay? Did you fail to notice the gray haired goblin Eli Whiteside hopping up and down ready to sissy slap any willing suitors? Let's be honest, I was being held back by the homeplate umpire and if it wasn't for Whiteside's tackle attempt on Polanco, both teams would have met in the middle of the infield and that would have been the end of it. All I did was toss my bat and take 2 quick steps toward the mound. After that it was Whiteside who was responsible for the chaos.


The Giants are justifying throwing at me by saying they were unhappy with Rollins stealing 2nd in an 8-2 game. My team mates and I were simply trying to put ourselves in the best position to win the game. We had no intentions of showing the Giants up.


Please be fair in reconsidering my punishment. I accept responsibility for my actions but a 3 game suspension for me while everyone else is just fined is absurd and simply unfair. Please reconsider. My team needs me.


Sincerely,


Shane Victorino aka The Flyin' Hawaiian

No comments:

Post a Comment