Monday, August 1, 2011

Phillies Phorces, Unite!

With Roy Oswalt set to return sometime later this week, the Phillies are basically going to be 100% healthy for the first time in a while. With the movie Captain America still fresh in my mind, I decided to do a little Phillies super hero photo shop. Please pardon my graphic arts skills, or lack there of.


Mr. Fantastic=Roy Halladay Halladay is Mr. Fantastic for obvious reasons. He is the leader of this pitching staff and as good as Hamels and Lee are, Halladay is still the best. He also holds the group together when enemies are on the rise.

Invisible Woman=Cole Hamels I would like to start off Hamels' description by saying that having him be Invisible Woman was in no way intended to be an insult. Somebody had to be the woman, and who better than Cole with his high pitched whiney voice? Ok that was a bit of an insult, but getting to be the hero that is known for sheer stealth is a pretty good compliment.

The Thing=Roy Oswalt The Thing is big and orange and I'm going to assume that he has back problems similar to Roy.

Human Torch=Cliff Lee Lee is the human torch because of his firery fast ball. And also the Human Torch was the only character left, perfect match right?


Captain America=Hunter Pence Newly acquired Hunter Pence gets his own picture. I chose to make Hunter Captain America because he is big and strong like the famous Super Hero. Also in Captain America is a little goofy in the beginning of the movie, and Pence is extremely goofy with his awkward style of play.


Flash=Jimmy Rollins Tom Gordon use to be flash, but not anymore. Jimmy Rollins is now Flash primarily because of his speed. This was a tossup between Shaner and Jimmy but ultimately I decided on Rollins because I have bigger plans for the Flyin' Hawaiin.


Spiderman=Chase Utley Spider man is my favorite super hero so I decided to give my favorite player the honor of my favorite hero. Plus they are both pretty even tempered, but when it's game time they know how to get it done.

Superman=Ryan Howard Say what you want about Howard and his strike outs but at the end of the day, he gets it done. Just look at what he did on Saturday going 4-4 with 2 doubles, a HR and 3 RBI's. Howard is the Superman of this team and at times he has the ability to completely put this team on his back.

Batman=Shane Victorino I told you I had big plans for Shaner. I gave him the role of Batman primarily because he isn't as big a name as Howard or Utley but he still gets it done.

That's my take on the Super Phillies. I apologize once again for my lack of graphic arts skills but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment