Monday, November 28, 2011

The Nightmare Season Needs To End

I hate to say this, in fact it pains me to say this, but right now I just want this nightmare season to end.  At 4-7 the Eagles are still not mathematically out of it, but I really just want someone to stick a fork in the Birds so that we can move on.

It wasn't supposed to come to this.  The Eagles, with all of their highly talented off season acquisitions were supposed to fly high to the Super Bowl and finally bring this city a parade.  They weren't supposed to go 4-7, frustrate fans with great then awful performances, and ultimately cause Eagles fans pain.

Yesterday was an embarrassing loss.  The Birds lost by a final of 38-20 to Tom Brady and the Patriots, and it was a painful Sunday afternoon to say the least.  Eagles fans have every right to be mad at the coaching staff, the players, and most importantly Andy Reid.

At this point it's hard to do, but I will continue to voice my support for Big Red.  This is shaping up to be just his 3rd losing season with the Eagles, and while I know that I'm in the minority of Andy Reid supporters, I will continue to stick by him.

But there is no defending yesterday's pitiful performance.  The Eagles didn't adjust, they didn't play with a sense of urgency, and overall nobody stepped up and made a big play.  A lot of the blame for yesterday's loss can and should be pinned directly on Reid.  But in terms of the big picture for this franchise, I still want Reid to remain as head coach of this team.

The nightmare season has to end.  It has gone on for long enough and I really just want the pain to stop.  I'm an eternal Eagles optimist, but after yesterday's lack luster performance, even I can't find a single positive or silver lining.  

I really can't write anymore about this game.  At this point I'm at a loss for words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment