Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eagles Fantasy Fix: Week 9

Against Dallas, the Eagles racked up big fantasy points.  Mike Vick went off, McCoy was unreal, and Brent Celek finally emerged as the tight end everyone had hoped for.  Going into week 9 I'm starting Vick, McCoy, Desean Jackson, and Brent Celek who I just picked up this week.  So going by the fact that 50% of my fantasy players are from the Eagles, and the fact that I'm a huge Eagles fan, be advised that all of my prediction are biased but fun nonetheless.

Mike Vick: With Shady McCoy getting more and more touches every game, there is less pressure on Vick to perform.  While McCoy's new role is encouraging for the offense it could mean less fantasy points for Vick owners.  I personally feel that Vick is more comfortable with an enhanced running game and I expect big things from him again on Monday night.  I predict Vick goes 20/27 for 220 yards and 2 touchdowns, and rushing he picks up 40 yards good for 20 fantasy points.  

Shady McCoy: As good as McCoy was against Dallas, I still think we have yet to see McCoy's best performance.  That's scary to think about when you consider McCoy put up 185 yards and 2 td.  But I think Monday McCoy is going to rush for 201 yards on 27 carries and 2 td, and 30 yards and a receiving td good for 41 fantasy points.  It's a bold prediction, but right now Shady is hot and I think the Eagles are committed to giving him the ball more and more.

Desean Jackson: Jackson is a toss up at this point.  You're either getting 20 points or 2.  But his potential is too high to ever sit him.

Jeremy Maclin: Maclin is usually good for a touchdown.  I think he will have Vick's other passing td on Monday night.

Brent Celek: Celek is emerging once again.  I think he will have 6-8 catches good for 60-80 yards on Monday night so he is a great option at tight end especially in PPR leagues.

Jason Avant: If you have a lot of bye players look to add Avant.  He's a solid option and could potentially get you some big points.

While I definitely feel the Eagles shouldn't take the Bears lightly, I'm beginning to get this overwhelming sense that the Birds are going to steam roll Chicago.  I'm predicting another win which would be big for the Eagles season and for your fantasy team as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment