Saturday, September 3, 2011

Eagles Fantasy Fix

For the 2011 football season, each week I will be going through the Eagles main offensive players and informing you of who I think you should play and possibly bench for your fantasy teams.

 Mike Vick, Lesean McCoy, Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith, and Ronnie Brown are just some of the guys I will be discussing in my Fantasy Fix postings.

 And if you were lucky enough to draft the Eagles defense/special teams in any of your leagues, I will also tell you if I think it’s a good idea to play or bench the Birds in any particular week.

 Even if you’re not participating in a fantasy football league, I think it’s still fun to read about and predict who will have a big week and who will not be as productive.

 On my main fantasy team, I drafted Mike Vick with my first round pick (8th overall) and I selected Desean Jackson in the 3rd round (28th overall). Even though they are on my team, I will try to remain unbiased in my postings and give you clear and accurate predictions as to how I think they will do. And being a huge Eagles fan I will also have to remain unbiased towards the team I love and give fair predictions for all the players.

 Right off the bat I would just like to say that unless injured, Mike Vick is an automatic start every week. Vick has the ability to put up 50 points (in a standard ESPN league), and with that potential if Vick is on your team you have to start him no matter what. With that in mind, every week I will just try to predict how effective I feel number 7 will be. As for all the other guys there may be times during the regular season where I may advise to sit McCoy, Jackson, or Maclin. Just be advised that I’m no fantasy expert, and please don’t blame me if your team is in the basement of your league.

 Last year I was able to make it all the way to the final four of my league and I’m hoping for continued success this year. Stay updated to the blog for Eagles Fantasy Fix: Week 1, which I should have up by Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment