Thursday, September 8, 2011

Eagles Fantasy Fix: Week 1

In our first installment of Eagles Fantasy Fix, I’m predicting big things for the main Eagles offensive weapons. The Rams are not a great defensive team and I think the Birds are going to put up a lot of points which translates into an abundance of fantasy points.  I've broken my Eagles fantasy predictions into start em' and bench em'.

 Start Em’

 Mike Vick: According to ESPN’s fantasy database, the Rams were 13th against opposing quarterbacks last year allowing an average of 12.9 points to QB’s. While those aren't terrible numbers, Vick averaged 18.8 points per game last year so something has to give. The Rams are decent against quarterbacks, but Vick is in a league by himself. I think Vick goes 20/27 for 200 yards and 3 TD’s. Vick will have Jeremy Maclin and Desean to throw to as well as Lesean Mccoy and Ronnie Brown. On the ground I think Vick scrambles for 50 yards adding up to 25 total fantasy points based on ESPN standard scoring. Start Vick, you won’t be sorry.

 Desean Jackson: Even though he’s on my fantasy team, I know that D-Jack is a huge risk. He can have a great game and put up 30 points one week, and the next game barely do anything and only put up 1 or 2 points. But last year the Rams ranked 20th in pass defense allowing 20.7 points to opposing receivers. I think D-Jack is going to have a big game tallying 80 yards and a touch good enough for 14 fantasy points.

 Lesean Mccoy: I’m predicting a huge game from Shady. Spagnuolo is sure to bring the blitz so Vick is going to rely heavily on quick passes to combat the pressure. Last year the Rams ranked 14 against running backs allowing 15.5 ppg. I think Shady has 90 yards rushing and a touch to go along with 70 receiving yards for a total of 22 points.

 Alex Henery: Since the Birds are going to be scoring at will, rookie kicker will sure to get a ton of opportunities for extra points. If he’s on your team start him as he could get 5-6 points in extra points alone.

Bench Em’ 

 Jeremy Maclin: I love J-Mac but he didn’t play in any pre season games and I just see him being a non-factor in this game. Although he has experience with Vick, they didn’t get much practice in during the off season and their timing could be off. I think Maclin notches together 30 yards receiving and possibly catches a touch down. But it’s too risky so for week 1 I say bench J-Mac.

 Eagles D/ST: While I think the Birds will be able to contain the Rams offense, I wasn’t thrilled with what I saw from them during the pre-season. Overall the Birds are too risky for me to start at this point.

 Brent Celek: With O-line question marks, Celek may be called upon to a blocking role which translates into no fantasy points. Bench Celek in week 1 and find out how the Eagles use him before you make him your starting tight end.

No comments:

Post a Comment