Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eagles Fantasy Fix: Week 2

To preface this article I would like to first state that my week 1 predictions were fairly accurate.  Desean Jackson, Mike Vick, and Shady McCoy all had big games, and Alex Henery had a solid game as well.  And as predicted, Brent Celek and Jeremy Maclin were non-factors and the only pick I really goofed on was the Eagles D/ST which had a huge game.  For this week I'm hoping for continued fantasy prediction success.

Start Em'

Mike Vick
Projected Stats: 20/27, 275 passing yards, 3 passing tds, 100 rushing yards
Projected Points: 29
Vick threw for just 187 yards in week 1, and this week I think that he will bounce back and have a big game through the air.  I think Maclin is going to be more of a factor and I see the Eagles chucking the ball up and scoring left and right.  The Falcons are currently 22nd in the league against QB's as they surrendered 18 points to Jay Cutler last week.  While 18 points isn't awful, I'm just not overally impressed with the Falcons defense.  And when you add in the fact that Vick will be making his grand homecoming under the prime time lights, I think Vick puts it all together in a big way.  

Lesean McCoy
Projected Stats: 150 rushing yards, 1 rushing td, 67 receiving yards
Projected Points: 27
I know that 150 rushing yards is a bold prediction.  But I think Andy and Marty have to realize that the Eagles had a ton of success on Sunday in the second half when they ran the ball.  I expect more carries for McCoy and given the fact that Atlanta surrendered 23 points to the Bears RB's on Sunday leads me to believe that McCoy is in for another big game.

Desean Jackson
Projected Stats: 80 yards recieving
Projected Points: 8
I'm basing my Desean prediction mainly on a gut feeling.  I just don't see him being a huge factor in this game.  I think the Falcons are going to take him out of this game, and while he may catch a ball here and there, I think other guys like Maclin and Avant are going to step up.  He still has that homerun potential so I say start em.

Jeremy Maclin
Projected Stats: 60 yards receiving, 1 td
Projected Points: 11
I went back and forth on whether it was a good idea to start Maclin.  Ultimately I think he will be one of the guys to step up as a result of more attention going towards Desean Jackson.

Eagles D/ST
Projected Stats: Allow 17 points, 2 interceptions, 6 sacks
Projected Points: 11
This Eagles defense is going to force turnovers.  The secondary is so good, and they almost had a few last week.  The defensive line is also so talented and I expect another big performance this Sunday.

Alex Henery
Projected Stats: 4 extra points, 2 field goals
Projected Points: 12
Just start em.  This Eagles offense is too good for you to let Henery sit on your bench.

Bench Em'


Brent Celek
Projected Stats: 30 yards recieving
Projected Points: 3
Celek is the lone rider on the bench this week.  I actually dropped Celek from my fantasy team this past week and as long as the offensive line is unstable, I say bench Celek who will be utilized mostly as a blocker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment