Sunday, January 9, 2011

Final Prediction


After all the talk and speculation about the game during this past week, I'm excited to see how it will all pan out later this afternoon. I am a bit of an optimist when it comes to being a sports fan, but even I have to admit that when I heard the Birds would be playing the Packers I was not at all happy. But after doing some research and listening to the experts I have reached the conclusion that the Eagles are going to win today. Here are my keys to victory.

Turnover battle: I think that this struggling Eagles defense is going to win the turnover battle. Mike Vick is going to take care of the football as always, and there will be no fumbles by anyone else on this Eagles offense. I think Assante Samuel is going to come up big late in the game with an interception and that is going to be the difference in the game. Remember Rodgers threw 2 picks against the Birds earlier in the year.

Packers poor run defense: Andy Reid is going to stray from his usual pass happy scheme and go with a more balanced attack. In addition to running the ball I expect the Eagles to utilize the screen pass as well as quick slants to Jackson and Maclin. If McCoy gets 20 or more carries the Eagles win the game easily.

Psych favors the Birds: Everyone all week has been favoring the Packers. Even though the Eagles are favored in the game, the Packers still seem to be the favorite, and I love it. I love it because it gives this Eagles team extra motivation to go out and win. They are going to be pissed that nobody is giving them a chance or giving them any credit, so they are going to bring it come game time.

I feel that the back to back losses to Minnesota and Dallas really hurt this city's Super Bowl hopes. If the Giants game had been last week, I would be sitting here typing a Super Bowl or bust article and everyone would be planning their trips to Dallas. People have a right to be worried after that poor performance to Minnesota, but it is unfair to say that this team is going to lose in the first round just because they had 1 bad game. And all this the offense didn't play good in the Giants game theory needs to stop. People are claiming that besides those last 7 and a half minutes of the game the Eagles offense played extremely poorly. But you can't just say that those last minutes didn't happen because they certainly did. This Eagles offense proved their potency by putting up 4 touchdowns in 8 minutes. So forget the Minnesota loss, this team is a great team and they are going to come out ready to play today. I say Eagles win 31-20. Number 7, lead us to the promised land, Go Birds!!!

2 comments:

  1. What about the other corner? How are they going to defend an obvious weak side of the defense? They better bump the WR lined up on the weak side and blitz often!

    ReplyDelete