Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jagr Time

Before the Flyers season began, I bought a Jaromir Jagr t-shirt jersey and most of my friends laughed at me.  They thought I was wasting money and they also thought the Jagr signing was a big joke.  But so far this year Jaromir Jagr looks great and is doing a lot to help contribute.

I have to admit that I was extremely disappointed when the Flyers signed Jagr.  I remember posting about all the possible free agents the Flyers might look to sign, and Jagr was not one of them.  But after the initial disappointment I began to read into Jagr's historic career and I was blown away.

Jagr's point totals from year to year are astounding, and so far this year he looks like he is in the prime of his career.  After playing over in Russia for a few years, Jagr has returned to NHL and seemingly hasn't missed a beat.

In 11 games this year Jagr has 5 goals and 6 assists.  I think much of Jagr's early success can be attributed to the fact that he is on a line with JVR and Claude Giroux.  They clearly have a lot of chemistry and have by far been the most productive line this year.  Jagr has also done so well in the early going due to his knowledge of the game.  He knows certain certain gaps and slots in the defense and he just knows where to be.  His feel for the game also allows him to find the open man and make great passes to his team mates.

It should be interesting to see what Jagr does this year.  For now it's just fun to watch one of the best go out there and play great hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment