Thursday, October 27, 2011

Eagles Fantasy Fix: Week 8

It's been a long time since my last Fantasy Fix posting.  I haven't posted in a while mainly because I'm fed up with fantasy football.  I have Mike Vick, Desean Jackson, Lesean McCoy, and Greg Jennings and somehow I'm still 2-4-1 in my league (I didn't even know you could tie; shout out to Dononovan.)  So at this point I'm pretty fed up with the whole concept of fantasy football especially coming off the Eagles bye week in which I lost by just one point to one of my friends.

But the Eagles are back for week 8 and I'm extremely optimistic.  Vick, De and Le are gonna do big things this week coming off the bye and under the lights of Sunday night football.  Here is a breakdown of each individual player and how I think they will do against the Cowgirls.

Mike Vick:  I drafted Vick primarily because I thought I was getting a two in one RB and QB combo.  I also foolishly thought that Vick was going to consistently put up 30 points week after week.  But after 6 games Vick is averaging just 18.2 points and is far from the 30 point stud I had predicted him to be.  Having said that I feel that Vick is going to have a strong second half mainly because the Eagles are going to run the ball more and thus less opportunities for Vick to get hurt.  Vick was pretty banged up in the first half and hopefully the extra week of rest and the re commitment to the run will result in a huge second half for MV7.  This Sunday I think Vick throws for 300 yards and 2 TD and also runs for 70 yards good enough for 27 fantasy points.

Lesean McCoy:  I just traded for McCoy and in his first week he didn't disappoint.  He rushed for 125 yards and was everything that I expected and more.  I feel that Shady is going to break out in the second half because of the shift in play.  The Eagles are going to run the ball more and as a result more fantasy points.  For this weekend I think Shady has 95 rushing yards and also 50 receiving yards and a td good enough for 20 points.

Desean Jackson: When I drafted De in the third round I knew I was taking a huge risk.  The guy will score 4 points one week and the next put up 20.  Although he is extremely frustrating he is at the same time extremely dangerous and always a threat to put up a huge lopsided number.  For this Sunday I think it's going to be the Desean Jackson coming out party.  So far he is averaging just 9.3 pts but I think this Sunday he's going to put up 20 points.

Jeremy Maclin: Maclin should put up a solid 10 points this weekend.

Jason Avant: If you have bye players and need someone to start Avant could be a solid option.

Overall I'm so confident in the Eagles this weekend for three main reasons:  they are coming off the bye, they are playing Dallas, and it's a Sunday night game.  The fact that the Eagles are 12-0 after the bye under Andy Reid, the fact that they are playing a bitter division rival, and the fact that it will be on the prime time national stage all add up for a Dallas slaughtering come Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment