Friday, July 27, 2012

Eagles Fantasy Fix: Season Preview

The Eagles feature a ton of offensive weapons that can rack up huge amounts of fantasy points on any given Sunday.  Lesean McCoy, Mike Vick, and Desean Jackson are just some of the Eagles' fantasy weapons.  Here is a little run down of the Eagles' best fantasy players and my advice as to where you should draft them in your league.

Lesean McCoy
If you have a top pick in the first round, go for Lesean McCoy.  McCoy had 20 touchdowns last year and had over 1,600 all purpose yards.  Shady is a fantasy stud and a guy that you want on your team at all costs.  Unfortunately, if you are stuck with a mid to late first round draft pick, chances are McCoy will be long gone.  But again if he is on the board in the first round, I strongly advise taking him.  He is going to have another big year and he won't disappoint.

Mike Vick
I chose Vick 8th overall last year, and the decision ruined my season.  Vick was hurt for a few weeks, and even when he was playing he was extremely inconsistent.  I was hoping for the Vick of 2010 who could put up 30 plus points any week, but unfortunately he was just a typical QB.  While I do expect Vick to have a bounce back year, I would advise not taking him in the first or second rounds.  I have drafted two teams this year, and in the drafts Vick was selected 25th and 32nd overall.  If he's on the board in the 3rd round, I would say go for him.  I really do believe that he is going to have a better year, and he could be that player that sets your team apart from the rest.

Desean Jackson
My other awful decision last year was drafting Desean Jackson in the third round, 28th overall.  Desean was incredibly inconsistent last year, and I would stay away from him until the 6th or 7th round.  While Desean certainly has the ability to have a big game, he also has the ability to catch just two passes for 20 yards.  With Desean it's either going to be all or nothing.

Jeremy Maclin
Maclin is a somewhat interesting pick.  Maclin is more consistent than Desean, but the most points you are going to get out of Maclin is around 10.  He is consistent but don't expect too much out of Maclin.

Brent Celek
I would advise not drafting Celek as your starting TE.  Celek had two surgeries during the off season, and the Eagles are preparing by working out other TE's around the league.

If you are a huge Eagles fan like me, don't fall into the trap of drafting all Eagles.  If you do draft all Eagles and the Eagles lose, chances are your fantasy team will lose as well making you extra upset.  But you can't go wrong in drafting McCoy and if Vick is available at the right time go for him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment