Friday, March 2, 2012

Discovering Clearwater

It pains me to say it, but this year I will not be attending Phillies spring training in beautiful Clearwater, Florida.  I won't be able to enjoy days where your only care is what you're going to eat, how you're going to get the game, and where you're going to watch March Madness games at night.

It truly is a baseball fan's paradise.  I was fortunate enough to go for three consecutive years and they were all truly memorable experiences.  You get to experience your favorite team in a friendly, laid back atmosphere.  Because your closer to the field, you get to interact with the players and coaches in ways that you can't during the course of the regular season.

And of course there is that added element of basking in the sunshine and watching baseball, while your friends and family shiver back home in the blistering Philadelphia cold.  Call it cruel, but it really does add to your enjoyment of the trip.

Overall Clearwater is a place that all Phillies fans should experience at least once in their lives.  The food, the baseball, and the overall atmosphere make it a truly exceptional place to watch the Phillies gear up for the regular season.

As I stated earlier in the article, unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year to Clearwater.  So to hold me over until April, I have decided to write a little mini series entitled Discovering Clearwater.  During the month of March, I will try to post at least one article a week designated entirely to the food, attractions, and overall atmosphere that make up Clearwater, Florida.

If you are getting ready to head down to Clearwater, you will definitely want to read my articles as I clue you in on all of the best restaurants and places of interest.  Clearwater truly is a wonderful place, and I hope that the fans heading down will use my insight to add to their spring training trips.  And for those of you stuck in Philadelphia, all I can say is at least it hasn't been a terribly cold winter, and opening day will be here before you know it.  And at least you have my exciting articles to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment