Monday, September 20, 2010

Phillies Sweep Nationals


I'm getting a little tired of having to make the trip to my closet. For the second consecutive series, I had to go to my closet and get out the broom because the Phillies just keep on winning. The Phils cruised through the first 2 games of the weekend series against the Nationals. On Friday night the Phils got a gem from Roy Oswalt and the offense exploded for 9 runs as the Phils won 9-1. On Saturday the offense just kept coming, especially from the long ball as they posted 5 runs. Kendrick gave the Phils a strong outing and the Phils won on Saturday by a final of 5-2. On Sunday Joe Blanton got roughed up a little and the Phillies found themselves down 6-3 in the bottom of the 9th. Polanco got the inning started with a single and Chase Utley followed with a double. Ryan Howard followed with a single that scored Utley and Polanco and Werth stepped to the plate trailing by just a run. Werth hit a shot to dead center and the Phils walked off in victory and swept their second consecutive series. Right now the Phils are scalding hot. They are on a 7 game winning streak and they are locked and loaded for this crucial series against the Braves. The Phils have Hamels, Halladay and Oswalt scheduled to pitch in this series and I think the Phils can sweep their third consecutive series. The offense is also revved up and come Wednesday night, I hope I will be getting out my broom once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment